Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Most Interesting Thing I Did On Spring Break

       The most interesting thing I did on spring break was going to see four schools in Spokane. Why this was interesting to me was that it gave me time to see which schools I liked and didn't like.
       The first school I went to was Mead high school. I really liked that high school. Why I liked Mead was that the people at Mead were very welcoming and cheerful. The counselor was really helpful and introduced us to a lot of the teachers. The principal of the school gave us a tour of the school. He showed us the new program the school had for engineering. The teacher was really nice there. He told us a story when he kept losing his pencil and finally made a device on the computer, and made a plastic prototype of the device out of a machine where you place the design in the computer and it creates it for you! We went on and met more teachers who were all very kind and willing to share stories with us.
       The next school we went to was Lewis and Clark. I didn't really like that school as much. It felt too off the ground and awkward to me. Also, the staff were not as nice as the Mead staff were. The worst part of the tour was that we caught it at a lunch hour!We didn't really like that one and moved on to the next school.
       We went to Ferris high school next. I didn't really like that one as much either. The staff were nice and gave us a tour, but to me, it was a bit too outdoorsy.  Ferris high school also looked and felt a bit old and worn down. The guide said that they would get it remodeled, but I'd already be a senior by then. So we moved on.
       Our final school was  Central Valley high school. I also liked this school evenly with Mead. This school is a lot bigger than C.H.S., but the tour guides and staff were friendly and the teachers wanted to share some stories with us. They took us all around and showed us how many trophies the band had won in all the competitions. The guides were really enthusiastic and helpful to us. It was a really good experience.
http://external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=5609888cccfbe4e8d1f8e57dbda5f8d0&w=180&h=540&url=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fen%2Fb%2Fbd%2FMeadhslogo_sm.jpg http://www.garco.com/proj/img/cvhigh.jpg
Mead High School logo.       Central Valley High School

No comments:

Post a Comment